On this week’s episode of IMPACTability®, we are joined by Liz Liston, Chief Development Officer at HOPE Atlanta. We’ll look at different aspects of data and get expert tips on how it can help you. Get ready for a deep dive into data with this week’s episode of IMPACTability®!
HOPE Atlanta was founded in the early 1900s, and it is the regions most established agency dedicated to fighting homelessness. With over 120 years in service, their mission remains the same. They aspire to end homelessness, one individual at a time. They accomplish this mission through housing and food programs aimed at helping the most vulnerable.
- Introductions 00:30
- HOPE Atlanta fundraising backstory 02:18
- How did you grow your database? 04:21
- Why should you collect data? 05:22
- Why nonprofits are behind on data 07:00
- Where do we start with growing our database? 08:33
- What type of data should nonprofits be collecting? 10:13
- Donor management software 12:28
- Conversion strategy 15:27
- Best practices for donor data 17:40
- “People don’t need what we are selling” 19:49
- Technology tips 20:52
- One thing to add to donor collection that you might not be looking or asking for 22:07
- Coaches Corner Question "How do you celebrate your organizations anniversary in order to get the most out of it publicly?" 23:39
Got a question that you'd like to ask a nonprofit professional? Check out the Coaches Corner in every episode, where our Impact Coaches answer your questions regarding your nonprofit. Email your questions to IMPACTcoaches@IMPACTability.net and listen to next week’s episode to see if your question gets answered!
Leave a review: They're extremely important because they help new people discover this podcast. If you enjoyed listening to this episode, please leave us a review.
This podcast uses the following third-party services for analysis:
Chartable - https://chartable.com/privacy